Thursday, August 25, 2011

Gather some cool knowledge on Fancy Birthday cakes


There is a certain amount of pleasure gained by doing fancy birthday cake, which costs almost nothing. How? Not cheap ingredients! Make your fancy birthday cakes from cuttings of other pies.

There is inevitably some 'fallout' to make celebration cakes, especially wedding cakes made of many layers. These cakes always need trimming and shape before being glazed with chocolate.

• What can you do with this lovely biscuity bells and whistles?
• What to do with numbers from different ganache fillings?
• What to do with the extra cake and remaining cream on the cake?

You can just eat everything, then and there, but that just seems greedy - or to throw away, and it seems just a waste ... or you can get more brand new fancy birthday cake!

Right after delivering a big wedding cake a year, to be honest I was a bit "out cake! But my grandson wanted one of my fancy birthday cake. I needed something else, quickly.

I remembered that when my grandmother used to have their cake bakers goals and scraped up the production of the day in a large bowl, along with a plain cake left unsold and a good splash of alcohol. It was mixed, made into a large plate and sold it the next day in small slices and Tipsy Cake.

It got me.

Could I do something similar for my grandson, but keep the alcohol-free, and spare ganache cake, which I had prepared to use?

Yes! It was one of my most successful fancy birthday cake, a chocolate dinosaur 3D.

The basic "building" is now known in our family as Rubble Cake.

Debris Cake is perfect for creating three-dimensional detail. For large cakes, use a sponge and ganache layers for the main body of the form, debris cake for the rest of the modeling. They shaped cake must be refrigerated at regular intervals to harden chocolate in the mix. Once the model is tough, giving more room-temperature debris mixture added.

Debris Cake: my original experiment (quantities are variable!)

I used a mixture of fat-free mushroom trimmings and scraps already performing some ganache and white chocolate mousse. I already broke cake into small pieces the size of a walnut in a bowl.
I made ganache was at room temperature (ie, soft and little liquid). I use the microwave for 20 seconds.
I've added enough regular ganache over the cake bites to just coat them. On stirring the mixture for bread crumbs or very high erosion. (Drier than you might think.)
I covered the dish with foil and left it for about 30 minutes.
When I came back to it, even though the sponge had softened, I gently touched and broke it with a metal spoon.
So with my hands, I scooped some of these "baked cake crumbs" and compressed them slightly. It formed a pliable ball of 'dirt' as separate sticky dough.
I did the same with the rest of the cooked cake crumbs.
Note: The exact results are unpredictable components in the original pie. Remember that "less is more" with respect to the amount you add to the ganache cake crumbs. A mixture is too sticky to work hard. But do not panic if you get too much ganache add, just pop in the fridge to cool slightly, then curing before use.

No comments:

Post a Comment