Monday, August 22, 2011

Recipe of Yorkshire Pudding

Years ago, when I was a kid I was always fascinated to see when my mother cooked. His Yorkshire pudding recipe is in her head, she never measured ingredients, but apparently feel the perfect amount to have. On Sunday we always had a roast, or pure and with beef, lamb, pork, chicken or even turkey she always Yorkshire pudding. What would a Yorkshire lady make to compliment Sunday roast?

Although she never measured ingredients everything that she was always pale and perfectly delicious. His Yorkshire Rose is always just right, crispy around the edges, leaving a hole to collect the juices in and they are always so nice golden color that we associate with Yorkshire pudding.

Traditional Yorkshire pudding is a filler dish served with onion gravy before the main meal roast households can not afford much meat, but as far back as I remember Yorkshire is an important part of the main meal.

Even came from Yorkshire they are popular all over the country and around the world. There are several places you can go, you can not find the legend 'Traditional British Sunday Dinner' or even lunch. The traditional British Sunday Yorkshire pudding is always an important part of the food contains.

Although I prefer to make my own Yorkshire puddings, frozen cooked or uncooked versions are readily available and they taste almost as good. You can also use powdered batter mix where you just add water or milk, not so good in my opinion.

Maybe I should use the last version the first time I tried to make Yorkshire pudding. Newly married I tried to impress my wife with a delicious lunch Sunday, complete with Yorkshire. I do not have a recipe, and tried to imitate my mother-in method. An hour passed and my Yorkshire pudding still was not done. We eat dinner, but had to pass in Yorkshire because I added twice as much milk as needed. I made sure I used a recipe!

Yorkshire Pudding Recipe

This is the recipe I use, a traditional pouring batter recipe that can be used for pancakes and Yorkshire puddings.

4 oz (100 g) flour

1 medium egg

Pinch of salt

½ pint (280ml) of milk (or a mixture of milk and water)

2 ounces (50 g) lard / fat or 2 tablespoons of oil - as a healthier alternative I use vegetable or sunflower oil, or you can use fat from meat.

Mix flour and salt in a bowl and make a break. Leave the egg in the hollow and stir with a wooden spoon. Gradually add the milk (milk and water), stirring constantly, until flour is worked to add the remaining liquid and beat well. The end result should be a similar both with cream.

Melt the fat in cooking tin until spitting hot. Can a large tin square, rectangular, oval or tin or a sandwich. When fat is hot pour the batter just half fill small tins, patty tins or loaf tin. Cook in 450F, 230C or gas mark the eighth Large tins for about 30 minutes, small tins or loaf tin 15-20 minutes.

Once cooked they are swollen, just golden and crispy on the outside and sunken in the middle. Some people let the fat from meat drips with Yorkshire pudding during cooking.

A popular addition to menus in recent years in restaurants, cafes and bars is a king-size or large Yorkshire pudding filled with onion gravy or other meat, vegetable and gravy concoctions. This legislation served as a separate course emulating the original filler course.

You can also buy delicious smaller Yorkshire puddings filled with steak in a large retail chain, like traditional steak and kidney pudding, but made with batter mix.

Another popular meal made with Yorkshire pudding batter is Toad in the Hole. This is a good cheap meal with sausages cooked in batter. Alternative one is to use lamb chops.



No comments:

Post a Comment